Morse moved to Grand Junction and joined Surgical Associates of Western
Colorado in 2006. He is especially impressed with the
collaborative nature of the Mesa County medical community. "There
is great comaraderie amongst the medical staff," he says.
"Everyone works together to help the patients get better and to work
through tough times."
Dr. Morse was born in Portland, Ore., and grew up in San Diego.
He and his wife Kelly have four young children and are enjoying the
abundant outdoor recreational opportunities in western Colorado.
In his off-hours, Dr. Morse fishes, hunts, hikes, snowboards, and
serves as a Scout Leader. He served on a two-year church mission
in Chile, and speaks fluent Spanish.
Special interest in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery and
* Undergraduate work at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah; Bachelor
of Arts degree in Spanish
* Medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and
Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, Mo.
* Internship at Memorial Hospital, York, Pa.
* General Surgery residency, Memorial Hospital, York, Pa.
* Authored paper "Laparoscopic Resection of Gastrointestinal Stromal
Tumors of the Stomach," published in Surgical Rounds
* Member of SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic